Since 1990 the crime rate in the City of Boca Raton has decreased by almost 40%. The fact remains that we continue to enjoy very low levels of crime, which is attributed to a community-wide commitment to safety.
In 2011, approximately 94% of our crime was property related. Violent crime made up the remaining 6% of the reported totals. The clearance rate (percentage of cases solved) remained above average at 29.2%.
Total arrests dropped slightly from 2010 (4,412), but remained high at 4,102. Of the people arrested last year, 61% lived outside of the City.
The following charts show the trends over the past several years.